The best time to visit Hoi An is from February to April. The weather this time is really comfortable and not much rain. Every year has 2 distinct seasons: rainy season ( August - December) and dry season ( January - July).Noted Information:
1. When visiting the ancient town, you should buy the entrance ticket at the ticket booths which belong to Hoi An Tourist Guide Office (Phone No: (+84) 510.3862715). With a ticket valid on 24hours, you can visit 5 of 18 sightseeing places.
2. If there are 8 people,you will be offered an experiened tour guide for 02 hours.
3. Please dress decently. Sleeveless blouse, drawers and over knee skirt or dress are not welcome inside the sightseeing places.
4. You have to be in good appearance and politeness anytime, anywhere to keep the beauty of Hoi An ancient town.
5. You should not give gifts to children though it is just small ones (such as: pen, candy, small change,..) Because you can make them a bad habit if doing that.
6. Restaurants and shops are always ready to serve you. You should not listen to a gobetween or follow them to shopping places. Because you may have to pay them and you even do not know about the things you buy.
7. If you make a first purchase in a day from a shop, you should buy something, no matter how small. By doing this, you will create the trust to the shop owner that she (he) is going to sell a lot of things at that day.
- Domestic: 60.000vnd
- Oversea: 120.000vnd
Group 8 paxs up: free fee for tour guide (contact us at any ticket booths).
Ticket is valid on 24 hours/ 05 visited places.
The best time to visit Hoi An is from February to April. The weather this time is really comfortable and not much rain. Every year has 2 distinct seasons: rainy season ( August - December) and dry season ( January - July). There is sometimes cold waves in winter and lasting in short period. Please update necessary informations before travelling to Hoi An.
If possible, come to Hoi An on every 14th month in lunar calendar and enjoy Mid-Autumn Festival. On this occasion, you will have a chance to enjoy traditional songs, dance, play traditional games and try wonderful dishes; especially look directly colourful lanterns over streets. Don’t miss these time!
How to come?
Tourists travel to Hoi An from Da Nang. It takes 30-40minutes to go to Hoi An from Da Nang, by cars or taxis, or private cars. It costs 200.000 – 250.000 vnd/ one way to be picked up from the airport to Hoi An hotels.
Look more in Transporttation
How to relax?
Hoi An culture is influenced by Chinese and Japanese culture. The influence is showed through architecture of Japanese Brigde, Chinese space in the ancient town, ancient houses and ancestor - worship houses. Tourists could visit the ancient monuments by bicycles or walking - a familiar and impressive form of tourism.
Hoi An is not only famous with ancient, peaceful features and unique architectural style but also with cheap, fashionable made- to- measure clothes and impressive restaurants served with Hoi An specialities. Coming to Hoi An, tourists could own a wardrobe on 1-2 days. Besides, in order to meet the demands of tourists, a lot of restaurants and bars as well as cooking classes are opened in Hoi An.
After one day shopping and discovering the ancient town, you could relax youself in Cua Dai beach – a beautiful and ideal one, 04 km from Hoi An city.
Look more in Entertainment
In Hoi An, there are a lot of delicious dishes like Cao Lau, white-rose cakes, chicken rice, Cam Nam mixed mussels, la gai cakes, suse cakes, soya-cake, sweet soups, etc….
You could enjoy the dishes in any restaurant in Hoi An, even in restaurants for foreign tourists with cheap price and good quality.
Look more in Gastronomy and Restaurant
Hotels and resorts in Hoi An are located on 3 main routes: along Cua Dai beach, in Hoi An city and along roads connected Hoi An ancient town to beach. Luxury resorts are located right on the beach and others are in the heart of the ancient town. Hotels on streets between the beach and the ancient town are cheaper.
Luxury resorts provide shuttle bus from the ancient town to the beach and vice versa. Wherever you stay, you could also visit the ancient town by bicycle, motorbike or taxi and walking.
Look more in Hotels – Resorts
In Hoi An, tourists could buy a lot of things for souvenir such as lanterns, silk clothes and scarves, shoes, wooden carved utensils…
Clothes and shoes are ordered and made with your measurement in a short time ( 1 day).
Lanterns: look on addresses for buying lanterns in Hoi An
Look more in Shopping
In Hoi An there are many tailor shop with all kinds of fabric choices for travelers. Guests can order something and receive it a few hours later, even if travelers really want to make clothes in Hoi An, they can also leave their measurements and address. Then that shop will send the product to the customer's address. In Hoi An, Prices is not higher than other places.
On Hoi An streets, they sell many kinds of art painting in diversified materials, teachiques and subjects.
Arts and Crafts?
There are alot of handicraft items: hand embroidery, painting, lanterns, ceramics and wooden products....
Hoi An lanterns are very beautiful.. They are considered as a meaningful gift to visitors's fiends and family.
You can find a very beautiful Hoi An in the early morning with the unique images of quiet roads, local activities, sellers and buyers..
Also, Discovering Hoi An Night is more interesting with traditional games, folk songs, and local food..Especially at the 14th (lunar calendar), more interesting things is waiting for you to discover.
You will have a chance to take a boat trio along to the Hoai River and enjow traditional music.
Before travelling, you should prepare necessary personal utensils:
- Swimming suits
- Hats and umbrellas
- Sunblock cream, insects’ bites preventing ointments
- Cold water